MW3 is the latest installment of the popular Call of Duty series, featuring intense and realistic combat scenarios, a variety of weapons and equipment, and a thrilling story mode. One of the equipment you can use in MW3 is the DDoS Field Upgrade, which can disable enemy electronics and disrupt enemy sensors for a short time. But what is DDoS and how do you use it effectively? Here are some tips and tricks to help you out.
What is DDoS and what does it do?
DDoS stands for Distributed Denial of Service, which is a type of cyberattack that overwhelms a target with a large amount of traffic or requests, causing it to slow down or crash. In MW3, the DDoS Field Upgrade is a device that simulates a DDoS attack on the enemy’s equipment and sensors, rendering them useless for a short duration.
The DDoS Field Upgrade can affect the following types of enemy equipment and sensors:
- Proximity Mines
- Trophy Systems
- Ammo Boxes
- Heartbeat Sensors
- Advanced UAVs
- Sentry Guns
- SAM Turrets
- Recon Drones
- Stealth Bombers
The DDoS Field Upgrade can also affect the enemy’s HUD, minimap, and crosshair, making it harder for them to see and aim.
How to use the DDoS Field Upgrade in MW3?
To use the DDoS Field Upgrade, you need to equip it in your loadout before starting a match. You can unlock the DDoS Field Upgrade by completing 5 Armory Unlock Challenges, which are random challenges that you can find in the Armory section of the menu. Some examples of Armory Unlock Challenges are:
- Get 10 kills with a silenced weapon
- Destroy 5 enemy vehicles
- Cook 3 grenades
- Get 3 double kills
- Get 5 kills while ADS and fully loaded
Once you have equipped the DDoS Field Upgrade, you can activate it by pressing the Field Upgrade button, which is different depending on your platform and controller settings. The default buttons are:
- PC: X
- PS4/PS5: L1
- Xbox One/Xbox Series X: LB
When you activate the DDoS Field Upgrade, a blue circle will appear around you, indicating the range of the DDoS effect. The range is about 15 meters, and it can go through walls and obstacles. Any enemy equipment or sensor within the range will be disabled or disrupted for 10 seconds. You can also see how many devices or sensors are affected by looking at the Devices in Range indicator on the right side of your screen. The indicator will show a number from 0 to 4, depending on how many devices or sensors are in range. If the indicator is red, it means that there is also an enemy player in range, who will be affected by the DDoS as well.
The DDoS Field Upgrade has a slow recharge rate, so you can’t use it too often. However, you can speed up the recharge rate by using the Engineer Vest Perk, which reduces the cooldown of all Field Upgrades by 50%. You can also recharge the DDoS Field Upgrade faster by playing the objective or getting kills, which will give you more points and fill up the Field Upgrade meter.
How to use the DDoS Field Upgrade effectively in MW3?
The DDoS Field Upgrade is a useful and versatile tool that can help you in various situations. Here are some of the best ways to use it:
- Use it when attacking or defending an objective, such as a Hardpoint or a Domination flag. The DDoS Field Upgrade can disable or disrupt any enemy equipment that is placed around the objective, such as claymores, proximity mines, or trophy systems, making it easier for you or your teammates to capture or hold the objective. It can also affect the enemy’s HUD, minimap, and crosshair, making it harder for them to see and aim at you or your teammates.
- Use it when facing an enemy killstreak, such as a UAV, a Counter-UAV, an Advanced UAV, a Sentry Gun, a SAM Turret, a Recon Drone, a Stealth Bomber, or an EMP. The DDoS Field Upgrade can disable or disrupt these killstreaks for 10 seconds, giving you or your teammates a chance to shoot them down, avoid them, or counter them. For example, you can use the DDoS Field Upgrade to disable a UAV and then use a launcher to destroy it, or you can use the DDoS Field Upgrade to disrupt a Stealth Bomber and then hide in a building or under a cover.
- Use it when facing an enemy player who is using a heartbeat sensor, a portable radar, or a tactical camera. The DDoS Field Upgrade can disrupt these devices for 10 seconds, making the enemy player unable to see you or your teammates on their screen. This can give you an advantage in a gunfight, as you can surprise them or flank them without them knowing.
The DDoS Field Upgrade is a powerful and fun equipment that can disable or disrupt enemy electronics and sensors for a short time. By using it wisely and strategically, you can gain an edge over your opponents and help your team win the match. MW3 is a game that offers many possibilities and challenges for the players, and using the DDoS Field Upgrade is one of the most rewarding aspects of it.